The Driftless Region Bicycle Coalition is a member based advocacy organization. Advocacy is in our blood and in our mission. Many events and activities that DRBC puts on are part of our on going effort to educate the public and our community leaders about the benefits of bicycling. Here you will find information and briefs on current issues that DRBC is actively working on or monitoring. Please contact us if you are aware of any issue effecting bicycling in the Driftless region.
Advocacy is the pursuit of influencing outcomes — including public-policy and resource allocation decisions within political, economic, and social systems and institutions — that directly affect people’s current lives. (Cohen, D., R. de la Vega, G. Watson. 2001. Advocacy for Social Justice.)
You are an advocate!
Each and every member of the DRBC is an advocate for cycling. Every time you get on your bike or talk to your friends and family about bicycling you are doing the work of an advocate. DRBC has established the Advocacy and Policy committee to help it stay informed, plan and take action on issues that affect bicycling in our communities at the local, state and maybe even national level. The committee meets the last Wednesday of every month and you are invited to attend, participate and become a member. Contact us if you are interested.
- Complete Streets: We are currently developing a region wide Complete Streets campaign. Learn more…
- Paintable Projects – more information coming soon!
- Bike Racks: We are exploring ways to get more bicycle parking in all our communities, especially in commercial districts. If you would like to work with us to get more bicycle parking near your place of business, please contact us.
- Complete Streets Campaign
- City of La Crosse Bike-Ped Plan
- I90 – Bike/Ped accomidations
- Hwy16 Bike Path
Other Advocacy Groups
- Active Living La Crescent, MN
- Houston County Trails, MN
- Human Powered Trails, WI
- LAPC – La Crosse Area Planning Committee | Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee, WI
- OSBA – Onalaska Safe Bicycling Association, WI
- West Salem Bicycle and Pedestrian Ad Hoc Committee, WI