Every year in September Driftless Region Bicycle Coalition holds its’ annual meeting. The annual meeting is a great opportunity to bring the membership together, meet old friends and make new ones as well.
During the annual meeting the DRBC holds a business meeting where new board directors are elected and items that are to be voted on by the membership are put forth. DRBC members will receive a meeting notice 30 or more days before the annual meeting and non-members are welcome to attend as well, but can not vote.
Beyond just a boring business meeting, although these can be very interesting and lively, the annual meeting is fun and gives members a great chance to ask board members questions and spend time making new friends.
2012 Annual Meeting Notice
Place: Pearl Street Brewery, 1401 St Andrew Street, La Crosse, WI 54603
The DRBC Annual Meeting for all members is set for Thursday, Sep. 27. At this meeting we will be electing three directors of the board. This is your chance to serve on the Board of Directors. If you are interested in being on the ballot, please communicate your interest by Wednesday, Sep. 19. Along with this communication, please include a little about yourself and why you think you’d make a good director, up to 500 words. We will then take this information and communicate it to all DRBC members and make absentee ballots available on our website. Even if you do not make the Sep 19 deadline, you can still get on the ballot by attending the meeting and nominate yourself. At the meeting, you will be given a chance to speak. To be eligible, you must be in good membership standing and have been a member for at least three months preceding the election.
Also during this meeting, we’ll be voting on bylaw amendments or any other additional items as proposed by members. The proposed amendments will also be published at the time of the nominee list.
6:00pm Meeting begins
- Committee highlights of year’s accomplishments
- Award presentation
- Bylaw Amendments
Voting rules (see Bylaws for more details):
- DRBC members vote on board directors
- Must be a member for at least 30 days prior to the date of the meeting
- Only one vote per family membership and only vote per all other membership levels
- The candidates receiving the highest number of votes up to the number of directors to be elected shall be elected
- Absentee voting is allowed but cannot be delivered electronically. It can be delivered in person to the Secretary or any other board member or by mail and must contain the following information:
- The members name;
- The members current address and contact information;
- The agenda item being voted upon;
- The member’s vote;
- The members hand written signature.
- Absentee ballots will also be made available online with points to be voted on
- Board members vote on officers
Send all communication on this event to: email@example.com
Snail Mail absentee ballots to (or give it to a board member):
Attn: Absentee Ballot
Driftless Region Bicycle Coalition
P.O. Box 423
La Crosse, WI 54602
2012 Proposed Bylaw Amendments:
- Article III, Section 7. Annual Meeting: Change September to October
Board of Directors Nominees list (select each for a brief bio):
To be updated