Seeing a child smile can really make your day and when you put kids on bicycle, you almost always get great big smiles. That’s why we love bike rodeos.
Bike rodeos are events designed to educate kids about the principles of safe bicycling. These fun events are generally held at local school and several of the larger events that the Driftless Region Bicycle Coalition puts on each year. Participants in bike rodeos gain knowledge and direct experience that will make them safer and more confident bicyclist. Often local bike shops will send along a bicycle mechanic to give bicycles a quick checkup and safety inspection.
Participants will learn:
- How to properly fit and wear a helmet.
- Rules of the road
- Bike handling skills
What you need to do:
- Contact us and schedule the rodeo.
- Help to promote the event.
- Provide or work with DRBC to have a suitable area to hold the rodeo.
- Provide volunteers to coordinate the participants before and after they complete the course.
- Have the participants bring their own bike and provide bikes for those that do not have them.
If you are interested in having DRBC put on a bike rodeo at your school or for your organization, please contact us!