The Pettibone Experience
The Pettibone Experience
A car free day in the park!
Bring your family & friends & experience Pettibone Park in a fun, safe & very different way. Come by bike, skate or scooter, throw in a picnic & have a great time in the park!
- 7:ooam-6:00pm Park closed to cars
- 8:00am-6:00pm Geo Quest, bike or walk & explore the park Free!
Come explore the park and have a great time. Pick up a map at the information booth and find the points. Each location/point has an associated question to which you will find the answer. This is a family friendly, self paced event that runs all day.
- 9:00am Yoga in the outdoors. Open to all abilities Free!
- 10:00am Free Coffee and Tea! The Root Note is bringing free coffee and tea, but you have to bring your own cup!! While supplies last.
- 10:00am Ultimate Frisbee Free!
- 11:00am Zumba with Cat & Moonlight Dance Studio. Free! Is it dance or exercise? Whatever you decide, everyone agrees that it is a blast. Come get your blood flowing with Zumba. Open to all abilities ages 14+.
- 12:00 -4:00pm Free bicycle safety checks Free! A bicycle mechanic from Bikes Limited will be on hand to make sure your bicycle is in safe operating condition.
- 12:30pm Buddah’s Belly Disc Golf Scramble tee-off, prizes. Free! Bring your own team or put together one at the park. There will be a limited amount of disks for use by those who do have their own.
- 12:00-5:00pm : Free Market: Bring items in good condition that you no longer need and are willing to pass on to others. You may leave a bit lighter and find a few things that you could use yourself. There is no selling at a free market and remember that the park is car free!
- 1:00-3:00pm : Bike Rodeo & bike decorating for kids & adults hosted by the DRBC Free!
- 2:00pm Messenger Relay Races presented by LAX Alley Cats Free!
- 3:00pm Free Root Beer Floats while supplies last!
- 3:00 – 6:00pm Live Music featuring Tugg and others! Free!
- 4:00-6:00pm Fishing Derby La Crosse Parks & Recreation is offering an opportunity to compete in a Fishing Derby. Bait is provided and fishing poles are available for use. Prizes will be awarded for each age group: 11 & under and 12-17. Raffle prizes will be given and no child leaves empty-handed! There is an entry fee of $3.
City of La Crosse Parks & Recreation Department
Bikes Lmited, 1001 La Crosse Street, la Crosse WI 608-785-2326
Pepsi-Cola of La Crosse, 1900 West Avenue S., La Crosse, WI 608-785-0450
Buddah’s Belly, 127 Sixth St. S. La Crosse, WI
Blue Heron Bicycle Works, 213 Main St. Onalaska, WI 608-783-7433
Root Note Cafe, 115 4th Street S, La Crosse 608-782-ROOT
Note on parking: While cars are not allowed in the park, there will be parking by the beach house and across the freeway for those who live far away.