DRBC February 2017 Meeting minutes – Feb 1, 2017 at Fat Sam’s

Board members present: Brian, Dan, Andy, Kris, Mike

Others present: Matthew Christen

Called to order at 6:15 PM

Secretary’s report: No January meeting. December minutes approved

Treasurer’s report: We closed the Associated Bank Accounts and have everything at Altra. Currently we have $5,929.36 not including segregated funds.

Zagster:

Matthew gave an update on Zagster. Gundersen needed our EIN but we gave out W-9 (or vice versa). In any case we missed the deadline and have to wait two months

Mayo also has to wait but is looking for an alternative funding system to speed things up.

UWL has passed 2 of 3 hurdles and is waiting on the Student Senate to approve. They have bigger fish to fry so could be a while.

360 Real Estate is very interested

We will need a memo of understanding including but not limited to how much the DRBC gets for administration and logos / advertising.

We then had a very lengthy discussion of Zagster’s business model, bike share viability, impact on local businesses, and other related topics.

Dan made a motion that he and Mike will contact an attorney to look over Zagster’s contract tomorrow (Feb 2) to verify DRBC is covered and for any other things we are uncomfortable with. Kris seconded. Andy voted no but the motion passed.

Bike Swap:

We have a table at the bike swap. Mike will haul bikes and may have room for more. Dan made a motion that we accept but not promote memberships at the event, and to discuss our membership philosophy at a later date. Brian seconded, motion passed.

Events

Dan mentioned three events.

A UWL Lecture on Mar 2 (do we want to be part of it – Dan will send out more info, but consensus seemed to be yes)

Mayor’s Neighborhood Expo Mar 25

People for Bikes Conference in Madison June 28-30. This $400, but if enough people go a government employee can go for free. This is something the DRBC could subsidize to send someone. –Tabled

Bike Staples

We have paid Blue Steel Bikes for 10 staples. No location has been picked for sure. We will ask around to gauge interest.

Insurance:

Mike had American Family look at the insurance form the League of American Bicyclists. Am Fam said they would have a hard time matching it. This is the board insurance. We are not sure if there is separate ride insurance or not. We think we had insurance from LAB in the past. Andy and Brian will try to find out what we paid.

 

Meeting adjourned at 7:58

Digg This
Reddit This
Stumble Now!
Buzz This
Vote on DZone
Share on Facebook
Bookmark this on Delicious
Kick It on DotNetKicks.com
Shout it
Share on LinkedIn
Bookmark this on Technorati
Post on Twitter
Google Buzz (aka. Google Reader)